In early September Roland launched the latest update to the Roland Versacamm’s – the SPi. Available as a 30″ SP-300i and a 54″ SP-540i, the “i’ series has brought the original Roland Solvent Print/Cut machine in to more modern times.
Some key improvements from the SPv series:
- Printing quality has been improved by bringing Roland’s revolutionary Intelligent Pass Controltmto SPi series.
- Ensures high speed printing with virtually no banding.
- 50% faster printing in Standard mode.
- Improved media handling
- The SPi now accepts rolls up to 66 lbs
- Additional pinch rollers added to help accomodate the larger rolls.
- Improved Drive system
- Belt drive system replaces the previous cable drive system making the accuracy and quality of Print & Cut rival that of the VP series.
- Ethernet connectivity replaces USB
- The faster Ethernet connection can work off of any network allowing an entire office or work area to have access to the same machine.
- The larger maintenance bay allows for easier access to print heads for cleaning.
Even with all of these improvements, the SPi series is in the same price range as the older SPv. The SP-300i lists for $12,495 and the SP-540i lists for $17,895.
Roland Versacamm SP-300i and SP-540i: